Crew member electrocuted on Celine Dion’s Courage tour

A crew member has been electrocuted on Celine Dion’s ‘Courage’ tour.

The man was helping to set up for the star’s show in Montreal, Canada, last week when he was electrocuted and fell off the rigging but he survived the incident with just a dislocated shoulder.

Celine Dion

A source told the New York Post’s Page Six: “He was electrocuted at the Bell Center while climbing in the rigging 50 feet above her stage. He was thrown off the rigging, dislocating his shoulder, but was caught by a safety harness and survived.”

Another insider added: “A local guy working on the crew was electrocuted. It was a little shock. He’s out of the hospital and doing OK.”

The incident happened in the same week that the ‘My Heart Will Go On’ hitmaker announced she had to postpone four shows on her ‘Courage’ tour due to a minor throat virus.

The ‘Because You Loved Me’ hitmaker was due to play The Bell Centre Montreal on September 26, 27, 30 and October 1, but the shows have been pushed back to November 18, 19, 21, whilst the October 1 concert will now take place on November 22.