Yeeooooooow!!! Up inna di trends wi gone agen!
Andrae Hugh Sutherland, Woyoi.
First of his name, King of the Unruly, Father of fry-yiys, burner of spliffs, the great hotskull is a national treasure – at least that’s the consensus on social media.
“Trouble deh deh enuh!”– Sir Popcaan himself
His humble beginnings in the Gaza camp as the ‘Prefect’, to his global reach with Canadian rapper Drake and the OVO movement – ‘Poppy’ as he’s affectionately called, has come a long way.
His talent has grown from leaps and bounds, and the only person who could truly stop his upward trajectory is the effervescent Miss Rhona – who he taunts almost daily in his Instagram stories.
In true BUZZ style, we present ten of the most epic times Popcaan proved himself to be one of Jamaica’s national treasures, who should be protected at all costs.
*Dear anti-Dancehall posse, this is a Popcaan appreciation post, so YYYY fi all loose talk*
10. The airport magnet
9. “Do not call Pastor Blair name!!”
8. Daddy duties w/ Rihanna
7. A man of many talents
6. Popcaan’s win at the #10YearChallenge
5. The beauty of Unruly Fest. Who else has the range, the reach?
4. HOW can you not rate this man’s comedic value??!
3. Popcaan: The gift that keeps on giving
2. Wahpm to di workout, brejin?
1. Popcaan? Clean. Dem? Dead.
BUZZ fam, tell us! Is Popcaan a national treasure (well duh!)? Sound off in the comments section!!