Dr Dre’s relatives believe he was poisoned

Dr Dre attends the premiere of the film ‘Straight Outta Compton’ in Los Angeles. (Photo: Getty Images)

At least one relative of Dr Dre believes he was poisoned. The 55-year-old music mogul is still in intensive care a week after he was hospitalised after suffering a brain aneurysm.

The family member told MTO News that Dr Dre was previously healthy and reportedly believes he could have taken an anticoagulant (rat poison).

“[Dre] is very healthy, he works out multiple times a week, goes to the doctor and stays on top of everything. Something is definitely off about this.” she told the site.

When someone ingests rat poison or even smells it, they can suffer symptoms similar to an aneurysm or a stroke.

Another relative is demanding an investigation telling the outlet that “someone needs to look into that.”