Web Content Creator
The Web Content Creator is responsible for creating and/or acquiring content for websites, email newsletters and other online communications media.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Schedule the creation/acquisition of content.
- Coordinate with external contributors for online content.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions re new content offerings for the site.
- Generate and/or receive ideas for content.
- Write, edit and produce content.
- Specify the multimedia content needed to support or work alongside textual content.
- Work rota with other Web Content Creators to cover weekends.
- Work with the Online Coordinator to ensure seamless 24/7 news environment.
- Content development including multimedia and social networking offering with Online Coordinator.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- First Degree in Journalism or related discipline
- Two years’ experience in a similar capacity
SPECIFIC SKILLS OR COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Knowledge of Headline writing for the web
- Familiarity with various Social Networking tools (Twitter, Facebook, Youtube etc.)
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, internally and externally, in both oral and written format
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
Please address your application to the Human Resource Manager and submit to email@example.com no later than Friday, August 23, 2019.
Whilst we thank you for your applications of interest, please note that only qualified applicants who are short-listed will be contacted.