an opening for an experienced Broadcast Engineer. The Broadcast Engineer
maintains the technical integrity of the station’s on-air signals and its
equipment from acquisition to distribution. This position supports all station
efforts, in-house and on remote location.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain integrity of on-air product for 100% reliability of on-air product when assigned;
- Occasionally work nights, weekends and be available 24/7 in response to emergency issues as assigned.
- Maintain, troubleshoot & repair equipment and systems as related to Broadcasting Studios, FM and HD operations.
- Install technical equipment & systems at studios and transmitter sites in keeping with good engineering practices.
- Requires excellent documentation and reporting of wiring and equipment changes at the studio and transmitter sites.
- Assist in planning, development, and maintenance of all aspects of FM radio technical facilities, satellite up-linking, IP Networks, STL, including IP Microwave systems.
- Support station & field operations, as necessary, especially during major studio & field efforts involving complex technical operations.
- Create instructional materials and train others on proper operation of new technical equipment.
- Some supervisory duties will be required.
- Maintain and Review weekly transmitter and studio logs for correct and complete entries as required by the Broadcasting Commission Jamaica.
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned
- Bachelor of Science in an Engineering discipline
- Minimum of 3 years experience in radio broadcast facilities with minimum 2 years Associates degree in electronics or 5 years hands-on maintenance experience with FM Radio or Television facilities
- Knowledge of basic IP Networking, Satellite up-linking, NexGen for Radio and Traffic
- Automation systems, digital audio, logic techniques, and basic programming highly desirable
- Must have the ability to work effectively with other team members and independently
- Must have the ability to work with minimal supervision and be proactive
- Must have a valid driver’s license for operation of company vehicles