The Outpost Republic is looking for a Community Host who is pleasant, full of personality and is energetic. The Community Host will be working independently as well as with a small team, and must be organized, able to multi-task, manage time properly, and take initiative to make sure the location is running smoothly with little supervision. Our ideal candidate has strong verbal and written communication skills and is very comfortable in a customer-facing role and ensures all customers have an outstanding experience at The OR. We are looking for a candidate who is entrepreneur-driven, who can be flexible in their work and be dedicated to the overall goals of the company. Some of the tasks and responsibilities include:
- Meet and Greet Customers, providing accurate details on products and services.
- Take Bookings, create and send estimates, invoices and receive payments.
- Creating a network with Guests and members by introducing them to each other.
- Prepare the space for Meetings and Events. Clearing and cleaning up after.
- Preparing hot beverages, serving and cleaning (washing of table wares), ensuring the space is kept clean and neat at all times.
- Handling mail; Receiving, storing and distributing.
- Inventory management- keeping stock of items.
- Support the Community Director with the overall operation.
- Answer phone calls, send emails. Resolve all customer related issues professionally.
- 1-2 years of professional experience, preferable in a customer-facing role.
- Bachelors’ degree in: Hospitality & Tourism or Marketing.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Proficiency in operating on a Mac system.
- Ability to be trained to use software.
- Supervisory experience.