Ramble Media Corporation are looking to appoint a capable writer to join our rapidly growing team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the covering events, writing articles and editing articles as well as developing professional contacts on behalf of the group.
The writer will report directly to the Content Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Writing, editing and proofreading content.
- Liaising with other professionals such as printers, photographers and artists
- Sharing approved work in order to maximize engagement through digital media
- Researching articles
- Establishing and maintaining contacts
- Interviewing sources
- Writing, editing and submitting copy
- Attending events
- Verifying statements and facts
- Staying up to date with privacy, contempt and defamation law
- Liaising with editors, editors, designers and photographers
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- A first degree in Media and Communication or a related field.
- Specialist subjects such as Economics and/or languages can be a great advantage.
- Ability to effectively manage time and schedules.
- Creativity and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure.
- Organization to manage their time efficiently.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Additionally, the following is desirable but not essential:
- Proficient in the use of photo editing tools
- An interest in Public Relations
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent written and oral skills.
- Proven experience in media
- Excellent computer literacy
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be a team player
Please submit your application no later than January 31, 2020.
Whilst we thank you for your applications of interest, please note that only qualified applicants who are short-listed will be contacted.