The Caribbean’s leading Luxury-Included® chain offers an exciting opportunity for enthusiastic persons to join our team. Come share with us an exciting Caribbean journey as:
The captain is responsible for the vessel’s safe and efficient operation, including cargo operations, navigation and crew management. He or she will ensure that the vessel complies with local and international laws, as well as company standards and policies.
Specific Requirements/Duties of the Position Include:
- Ensuring emergency and safety procedures are practised and enforced daily to ensure the safety and security of guests and team members.
- Maintaining standards & procedures set by dive organizations (PADI, NAUI) and Sandals.
- Having a pleasant personality and demonstrating a high level of professionalism.
- Performing various marine duties such as checking for oil spills or other pollutants around ports etc.
- Ensuring that boats and equipment are always properly maintained.
- Knowledge of physical geography – principles and methods for describing the features of land, sea, and air masses, including their physical characteristics and locations
Qualifications and Experience:
- Undergraduate Degree in Shipping Logistics or other related field
- Valid Lifeguard Licence
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar capacity.
- CPR and First Aid certified
If successful a clean Police Record will be required. Interested persons should submit their applications by August 30, 2019 with curriculum vitae via email to:
The Recruitment and Compliance Specialist
Sandals Grande Antigua
NB: Please enter “Boat Captain” in the email subject field for consideration. We thank all applicants for their interest but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.