You know that thing called female intuition? It is usually spot-on and oftentimes we should simply trust our gut because if something feels off, it usually is. At times we realise that the dynamics of our relationships have changed, but the change may be so minute or subtle that at first we do not see the signs. Even if we do, we choose to ignore them and say that it’s all in our heads.
Yes, there are times when our past makes us insecure, but then there are other occasions when things do not add up despite what we are being told. Sis, if it walks and quacks like a duck, it probably is a duck. There is a thin line between what you feel and what you can prove, but when you start seeing things that amount to evidence, do not be an ostrich. If he’s up to no good you do not have to be a detective – the truth will reveal itself in time, if you are willing to see it.
Here are a few telltale signals to keep in mind:
1. If you do not initiate love making, he no longer does.
2. Even when you are in lingerie or walking around naked, he is not ‘biting the bait’.
3. The daily calls and good morning texts have either slowed down or stopped coming in altogether.
4. He no longer checks in to see if you are OK.
5. All his social media passwords that you once had access to have now been changed.
6. He constantly claims tiredness when you want to do things, but find the energy for his ‘friends’.
7. Unknown, seemingly random, numbers call him at odd hours.
8. When he gets a call he only answers ‘yes and ‘no’ and you cannot hear anything else pertaining to the conversation.
9. He does not take you anywhere anymore.
10. He has become super critical of you – from the way you dress to the way you style your hair. He suddenly has an opinion and shares it in a manner that is demoralising.