When was the last time you took up a book? And not academic reading but leisure reading.
The culture of reading is slowly fading and that’s sad. George R.R. Martin once said, “a reader lives a thousand lives before he dies and a man who never reads lives only once.”
Books offer advice and experience that goes back thousands of years. Millennials are very eager about generating wealth and being their own boss. Here are some pivotal books for that path:
1) Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill – This is one of the best self-help books to date and is considered the pillar for most self -help books. Hill states that the philosophy of the book is not only limited to wealth but tasks in any field of work. Hill spent 25 years researching some of the most successful individuals so the key to success could be accessible to everyone. ‘Think and Grow Rich’ will allow you to expand your horizon as it provides 13 principles that help with success.
2) Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki is a book that should be implemented within school curriculums. The book offers advice on financial literacy and for the past 20 years has been helping individuals with money, investing and the global economy. The book captures Robert’s story of growing up with two dads, his father and his best friend’s father. Roberts highlighted how money shaped both men and took them on different paths.
3) The Alchemist by Paul Coelho is one of those books which deserves a place on everyone’s bookshelf. The novel is full of wisdom, philosophy and optimism. The book captures the life of an ordinary boy who highlights the importance of destiny, faith and spirituality.
4) The Richest Man In Babylon is considered one of the greatest inspirational works of all time. The book is referred to as “the bible of financial freedom.” The book focuses on financial planning and personal wealth which explores the secrets of personal wealth, making money and keeping the money. It’s definitely the beginning of understanding wealth and the power of manifesting wealth.
5) Start With Why by Simon Sinek — Sinek is one of the greatest thinkers of our time. The leadership guru is known for his Ted Talk “Start Your Why” which is the third most popular TED video of all time. Sinek wrote the book ‘Start your why’ to start a movement to help people around the world to be inspired. This is not an average self-help book with the main intentions of bringing you wealth. Sinek’s main goal is to help you find your purpose so that you can pass the baton to someone else.
I hope you get deep into these books and let us know what you think in the #BuzzBookCorner.
— Written by Danea Dunkley