No one really wants one; some women avoid them and a few are allergic to them as it takes cash (or credit) to care. Generosity, just like gratitude is a must. Some people never truly understand that there can be satisfaction derived from giving just as much as from receiving.
While no one wants to be exploited or taken advantage of, a man who sees a need but never offers assistance, not only should not date, but should remain good friends with the fabled ‘Annie Palmer and her five daughters’.
The following are tell-tale signs that the individual you are interested in is penny-pinching and you should shun them.
- If and when he does give you money to buy anything he asks for the change. Who does that?
- He gives you the exact amount for a purchase if he knows what it is beforehand.
- He would rather come and pay a bill himself than hand you the money.
- He haggles and bargains a lot even with merchants whose prices are fixed.
- When suggestions are made about purchasing things, his go-to line is always ‘you don’t need that’.
- When out with friends he will never pick up the tab for everyone even when others do it on occasion.
- He scrutinises every bill and receipt to see if he is overcharged.
- He thinks going out to eat, to the movies or a play is a grand waste of time and money.
- Spontaneous purchases are a big no-no.
- He pays cash to avoid credit card interest.
…. Anything to keep that cash on lock down.