Silo Wellness has launched its line of functional mushroom products bearing the name of the legendary Reggae icon, Bob Marley, on Thursday (June 24). The product launch comes after the company announced a multi-year licensing agreement in March of this year with the Marley family to brand, market and sell a line of functional and psychedelic mushrooms.
“Today is a significant milestone for our company as we introduce the world to Marley One, a portfolio of branded mushroom products with instant name recognition and global visibility honouring Bob Marley’s legacy and connection to nature and plant-based wellbeing,” said Douglas K. Gordon, CEO — Silo Wellness.
Present at the online launch was Cedella Marley, CEO — Bob Marley Group of Companies and daughter of the renowned Reggae icon.
“As a family, we seek to use our platform to inspire positive change, and the launch of the Marley One mushroom brand, in collaboration with a pioneering company like Silo Wellness, allows us to do just that by marrying ancient wisdom with modern science,” Marley said.
The Marley One line features five functional mushroom tinctures, focused on physical and mental wellness:
- One Mind, a coffee-flavored blend of lion’s mane and L-theanine designed to improve focus and cognitive function.
- One Flow, a peppermint-flavored blend of cordyceps and ginseng designed to enhance physical endurance and mental function.
- One Harmony, a mango-flavored blend of chaga and ginger designed to stimulate gut health and improve digestion.
- One Body, a berry-flavored blend of turkey tail and astragalus designed to support immune health.
- One Rest, A vanilla-flavored blend of reishi and GABA designed to help reduce tension and stress and improve quality of sleep.
“I believe everyone should experience natural healthcare,” Marley said.
Gordon, explained that these locally sourced ingredients offer a range of unique health and wellness benefits, from immunity and gut health to cognitive function and sleep enhancement. More importantly the unique blends highlight the brand’s connection to Jamaica, something both parties were happy with. He was also clear that these initial products are not of the psychedelic type, normally associated with mushrooms, making them permissible for worldwide distribution.
“We will be launching a psychedelic mushroom product line under the Marley name later this year in jurisdictions where legal, and following that additional functional mushroom products including gummies, capsules and cosmetics,” explained Gordon.