National Baking Company brought nuts of love to the BUZZ fam for National Peanut Day.
Sharing 5 interesting facts about peanuts for you to munch on:
- Known as the “grandfather of peanuts: George Washington Carver discovered almost 300 ways to use peanuts.
- Peanuts aren’t technically nuts — they’re actually legumes! Unlike nuts that grow on trees, peanuts grow underground.
- Peanuts are super food – they are an excellent source of protein; containing healthy nutrients, dietary minerals (magnesium, manganese, phosphorus), antioxidants, dietary fiber, and vitamins (B and E).
- There are four different types of peanuts! (Runner, Virginia, Spanish, and Valencia)
- Keep those health benefits coming: Peanut oil can reduce cholesterol, promote great heart health, help in the prevention of cancer, improve cognitive function, strengthen the immune system, lower blood pressure, protect the skin, and improve the nervous system.
Happy munching on your super nutritious peanuts!