We often hear people say that Jamaica is not a real place, well there are actually places in Jamaica that you may think are not real based on the unusual or just plain weird names they’ve been given.
Indeed, people in these communities are rather proud to be from parts that are peculiar because there is never a dull moment when they meet strangers who express surprise that such a place truly exists. Listed below are just a few place names on the island which will either make you scratch your head or bite your tongue pronouncing.
See just how many you’ve heard of before and let us know if you’ve ever been to any:
1. Time and Patience, St Catherine
2. Poor Man’s Corner, St Thomas
3. Red Gyal Ring, St Andrew
4, Lennox Bigwoods, Westmoreland
5. Fat Hog Corner, Hanover
6. You-No-Call-Mi-No-Come, St Elizabeth
7. Tie Man, St Catherine
8. Crotches Lane, St Ann.
9. Tite Grip
10. Ma Puhpoo Hole, Hanover
11. Rest N Be Thankful, Trelawny
12. Slip Mi Shit, St Elizabeth
13. Prickly Pole, St Ann
14. Pussy Gully
15. Never Mine, Manchester
16. Auchtembeddie, Manchester
17. Old Woman Savanna, Clarendon
18. Putogether Corner, Manchester
19. Labour-in-Vain, St Elizabeth
20. Corn Puss Gap, St Thomas