It is often said that one good turn deserves another and one South African couple – who became Internet sensations after a proposal inside a KFC restaurant went viral – is counting their blessings as the entire nation has rallied behind them to ensure a magical wedding.
According to TheSouthAfrican.com, the love story started inside KFC’s Gauteng outlet on Wednesday, after a man, who went down on one knee to propose to his girlfriend got the ‘yes’ and the restaurant burst into celebration.
The video of the proposal quickly went viral and two days later, after much pleading by the fast-food giant, the lovebirds were identified as Hector and Nonhlanhla.
The now-trending #KFCProposal was in danger, as it was revealed that Hector was on a tight budget to show his wife-to-be how much he loved her.
South Africa wasn’t going to allow that and the whole country got involved! Between the well-wishers, donors, and many others offering their services or products for free, the movement took on a life on its own.
Several celebrities, multinational corporations, and brands all pledged to make sure the #StreetwiseWedding goes off without a hitch!
Don’t you just love love?!
Aww! They look so happy.
South Africa plans for #StreetwiseWedding
Among the gifts flooding the couple:
- Castle Lite offered the couple a honeymoon with all flights and accommodation included
- Clark & Sons sponsored 40 cases of their legendary mixers for the wedding day
- South African singer, Langa Mavuso has offered to sing at the wedding
- Sun City, to celebrate their engagement, offered them a weekend stay at the resort
- The Lifestyle Tourist announced that their honeymoon would be a two-night stay at the AM Lodge in Limpopo
- Telkom offered a sim with Freeme data so that they can always stay connected
- Total South Africa offered to fuel their next adventure
- Audi South Africa said they would drive them to their honeymoon
- Puma South Africa said they each deserve R10 000 off in-store
- Huawei will give them each a device to capture memorable moments
- Roadtrippers Travel will give an all-expenses-paid holiday to Mozambique in 2020
- Gqom fashion South Africa gifted the couple a blue Volkswagen Polo
- Liberty Group have offered R10 000 into a tax-free savings account and a free financial planning session
- 1Life Insurance gave them a R10 000 life investment
- Durex offered something special for behind closed doors (winks)
What TheSouthAfrican reported doesn’t scratch the service of all the gifts South Africa has showered on the latest social media darlings, but we think Hector and Nonhlanhla deserve every single gift.