The quarter-finals of the Wata/ISSA daCosta Cup football competition will begin on Tuesday (Oct 22) with six matches.
The 16 teams that are left in the competition have been placed in four groups of four, with the winners of each group qualifying for the semi-finals.
The teams are also playing for places in the Champions Cup, as along with the winners, the second-placed teams in each group will advance to play in this knockout tournament, which is a combination of the top eight teams in both the rural daCosta Cup and the Corporate Area Manning Cup.
The third and fourth-placed teams in the four groups will get the opportunity to have a consolation prize in the Ben Francis Knockout.
Tuesday’s matches offer interesting pairings with the 3:00 pm clash between 12-time champions Cornwall College and Garvey Maceo at Juici Field highlighting the schedule. Garvey Maceo have won the competition once and have made this stage of the competition consistently in recent years, which is where they lost to Cornwall last year. That virtually stopped them from progressing further in the competition.
- Dinthill vs Port Antonio at Dinthill at 1:00 pm
- Anchovy vs Cedric Titus at Jarrett Park at 3:00 pm
- Garvey Maceo vs Cornwall College at Juici Field at 3:00 pm
- Maggotty vs Manchester at St Elizabeth Technical High at 3:00 pm
- BB Coke vs St Elizabeth Technical High at Manchester at 3:00 pm
- McGrath vs Happy Grove at Dinthill at 3:00 pm