Members of the local entertainment community were on Thursday rocked by news of the sudden death of local dancer, Roxanne Evans.
27-year-old Evans, more popularly known as ‘Bumpa’, died while carrying out a routine dance performance at a popular gentlemen’s club in Second Brissett district in Hanover.
Reports from the police are that at about 12:30 am, Evans was at the establishment when another woman jumped on top of her. According to regulars at the club, the jump was a part of the dance routine.
However, on this occasion, the jump resulted in injuries for Evans, who was later transported to hospital where she was pronounced dead. According to reports, Evans along with her dancing partner were competing for a prize at the club.
Police are investigating the matter.
Below are 5 things BUZZ learned about the popular dancer:
- She hails from Rose Heights in St James.
- Evans is the mother of two boys
- She was a member of the dance group Gladiator Girls.
- Evans attended the St James High School.
- According to friends of Evans’, her favourite artiste was Lisa Hyper.