Kingston College (KC) secured an easy 2-0 win over Garvey Maceo in the Champions Cup schoolboy football competition on Saturday (Nov 2) at the National Stadium.
Dwayne Atkinson delivered the victory for KC with a brace, to lead the corporate area Manning Cup champions, into the next phase of the competition.
KC joins Manning Cup counterparts Jamaica College (JC), St Andrew Technical High and Excelsior, as well as rural area daCosta Cup contestants defending Champions Cup champions Cornwall College, Clarendon College and Frome Technical in the draw for the next round of the tournament.
The final team in the draw will be decided at a later date, as persistent rain resulted in the postponement of the match between St George’s College and BB Coke at St Elizabeth Technical High School (STETHS) on Saturday, with St George’s leading 2-0.
- St Andrew Technical 2 vs Manning’s School 1
- Charlie Smith 0 vs Cornwall College 1
- Camperdown 1 vs Frome Technical 1 (4-5 penalties)
- St George’s College 2 vs BB Coke 0 (rain stops match)
- McGrath 0 vs Jamaica College 7
- Garvey Maceo 0 vs Kingston College 2