Jamaica now has 69 cases of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) with the confirmation of four additional infections.
The four new positive COVID-19 cases are:
- A 52-year-old male from Manchester, who is a contact of a confirmed case;
- A 73-year-old male, from Manchester, who is a contact of a confirmed case;
- A 46-year-old female from Manchester, who is a contact of a confirmed case;
- A 19-year-old male from Clarendon, who is under investigation
The four new positive cases bring to 31 the number of imported cases, 25 the number of import-related cases and 13 the number of cases under investigation.
The 13 cases under investigation have been traced to six individuals who have no history of travel or contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 prior to testing positive:
- One individual from Portland, two of whose contacts have tested positive;
- One from Kingston and St Andrew with five contacts who have tested positive; and
- Four other individuals – one from St Mary, one from Clarendon and two from St Catherine.