An opposition group has named members to a “Commission of transfer of power” even as a senior advisor to President Jovenel Moise said the head of state will not resign and opposition parties Friday indicating that they had no intention of participating in a national dialogue on the political situation facing the French-speaking Caribbean Community (CARICOM) countr.
The opposition parties say they intend to “seek the letter of resignation of the President Moses” as they announced a new wave of street protests and other initiatives to force him to resign.
- Call made for dialogue as new initiative is launched to force out Haitian president
- Haitian Government condemns violent acts during street protests
But Charles Faustin, an advisor to President Moise, who came to power in 2017, said the head of state was sticking to his agenda of holding the national dialogue and had already named a seven-member Commission headed by former prime minister Evans Paul to participate in the dialogue..