Champions of 1987 St Andrew Technical High (STATHS) were in a devastating mood on Saturday as they swamped Northern Technical 12-0 to move ahead of St Catherine High in Group C of the ISSA/Digicel Manning Cup football competition.
The margin of victory enabled STATHS to lead on goal difference as although St Catherine also scored an impressive 8-1 win over Oberlin at Golden Spring, STATHS have a goal difference of 17 with St Catherine on 16.
Defending champions Kingston College defeated Pembroke Hall 5-0 to maintain their lead in Group G with Excelsior moving into second position after they defeated Dunoon Park Technical 3-0 at Excelsior.
Former champions St George’s defeated Ardenne 5-1 at Ardenne to solidify their position at the top of Group F while Denham Town moved to the top of Group B with a 1-0 win over Ascot.
Bridgeport and Cumberland are tied at the top of Group A after 1-0 victories over Clan Carthy and St Jago respectively. Haile Selassie surprised last year’s semi-finalists Holy Trinity 1-0 to move to third in Group A.
- Haile Selassie 1 vs Holy Trinity 0
- Clan Carthy 0 vs Bridgeport 1
- Cumberland 1 vs St Jago 0
- Kingston High 1 vs Charlie Smith 1
- Ascot 0 vs Denham Town 1
- Jonathan Grant 4 vs Donald Quarrie 0
- Northern Technical 0 vs STATHS 12
- Oberlin 1 vs St Catherine 8
- Penwood 1 vs Papine 3
- Ardenne 1 vs St George’s College 5
- Eltham 1 vs Calabar 1
- Norman Manley 2 vs Campion 0
- Pembroke Hall 0 vs Kingston College 5
- Excelsior 3 vs Dunoon Park 0
- Kingston Technical 1 vs Cedar Grove 1